The SENDCo is responsible for:
- Coordinating all the support for children with special educational needs or disabilities (SEND) and developing the Academy’s SEND Policy to ensure all children get a consistent, high quality response to meeting their needs in school.
- Ensuring that you are:
- involved in supporting your child’s learning;
- kept informed about the support your child is getting;
- involved in reviewing how your child is doing.
- Liaising with all the other people who may be coming into school to help support your child’s learning e.g. Speech and Language Therapists, Educational Psychologists etc...
- Updating the Academy’s SEND register (a system for ensuring all the SEND needs of pupils at the Academy are known) and making sure that there are excellent records of your child’s progress and needs.
- Managing the development of SEND Support Plans for your child, ensuring their creation and review is collaborative involving you, your child and professionals at least once each term.
- The SENDCo at Lark Rise Academy is Mrs Kerry Randall and can be contacted via the school office (01582 607852, email@example.com)
The Class Teacher is responsible for:
- Checking on the progress of your child and identifying, planning and delivering any additional help your child may need (this could be things like targeted work or additional support) and keeping the SENDCo updated as necessary.
- Ensuring that all staff working with your child in school are helped to deliver the planned work/programme for your child, so he/she can achieve the best possible progress. This may involve the use of additional adults, outside specialist help and specially planned work and resources.
- Ensuring that the Academy’s SEND Policy is followed in their classroom and for all the pupils they teach with any SEND.
- You will be informed of the name of your child’s class teacher and can contact them via the school office (01582 607852, firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Headteacher is responsible for:
- The day to day management of all aspects of the school, this includes the support for children with SEND.
- She gives responsibility to the SENDCo and class teachers but is still responsible for ensuring that your child’s needs are met.
- She must make sure that the Governing Body is kept up to date about any issues in the school relating to SEND.
- The Headteacher is Mrs Rebecca Daulman and can be contacted via the school office (01582 607852, email@example.com)
The SEND Governor is responsible for:
- Making sure that the necessary support is made for any child who attends the school who has SEND.
- The SEND Governor is Mrs Lindsey Johnson