A child’s emotional and social development is just as important as their academic development and great importance is placed on the development of this for all children in school. At Lark Rise Academy, we recognise that children with special educational needs may require additional support in this area. We provide:
- A named adult for children to talk to about their feelings, as required
- Alternative play time arrangements to support children’s individual needs, as required
- Specific social, emotional development support groups, as required
- Specified social, emotional outcomes set on SEN Support Plans, as required
- A trained play therapist working in school one day a week, as required
- Whole school awareness through PSHCE lessons, assemblies, whole school celebrations, Anti-Bullying Week etc.